Happy Feet Garden Tours was established some eight years ago, as a ‘spin off’ from the garden club in Holford. We have visited many areas around the country over those years, from Sussex, Kent, the Midlands, Shropshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire and Norfolk, North Wales and more…!
A few photographs can be found on the following link: https://www.holfordvillage.com/happy%20feet%202019.htm
Our group is a self-financing, non-profit project, so in essence – ‘you get what you pay for!’
Please click here for a booking form and see below for the proposed itinerary for your perusal.
You will see from the itinerary that there is an optional guided tour of Hereford Cathedral Gardens, followed by an afternoon cream tea and a visit to the Cathedral and the Mappi Mundi / Chained Library. Those not wishing to participate have free time during the afternoon in Hereford.
We will be based in a hotel just outside Chepstow, with leisure facilities, on a four night bed, breakfast & evening meal basis. Guided tours, gratuities, travel, entry fees, lunch and light refreshments where applicable, plus my usual fee of £1 from each person, is included in the total price of the trip. We will as usual be travelling with Ridlers Coaches of Dulverton and there will be pick-up points along the A39 from Minehead to Bridgwater and at the M5 Sedgemoor Service Area (Northbound) and at the services at Eastern Gordano.
Currently we have a few twin bedded rooms and a couple of double bed rooms available.
Should you consider joining this trip, a non-returnable deposit of £50 per person is required as shown on the enclosed booking form, to be received by myself no later than Saturday 21st December 2019, the balance will be required March 2020 (date to be advised.) Nearer to our holiday departure, I will be forwarding details of the pick-up points/times and further information of the itinerary.
The prices quoted for this trip is for a minimum of thirty passengers, if we do not reach that number, there could be an increase, so do please pass on details of our trip to anyone you know who may like to join us, they are very welcome!
I hope I may hear from you soon, With my warmest wishes
Mo (Maureen) Plomgren
‘Happy Feet Garden Tours’
c/o Lady Charles House
Somerset TA5 1RZ
Tel: 01278 741152
‘Proposed’ Itinerary : Herefordshire & South Wales, 21st – 25th June 2020
Sunday 21st Jun
- Leave Somerset for National Trust Dyffryn Gardens, near Cardiff
- Arrive Hotel late afternoon (St Pierre Marriott, Chepstow) porterage should be included!
- Dinner at 7.30pm each evening
Monday 22nd June
- Dewstow Gardens, Monmouthshire with tour (am)
- NGS Garden ‘The Cornhill’ Herefordshire with refreshments (pm)
Tuesday 23rd June
- Kentchurch Court Herefordshire (am)
- Afternoon: Free time in Hereford
- Optional Tour of Hereford Cathedral Gardens, with a visit to Cathedral & Mappi Mundi/Chained Library. (Cream tea included)
Wednesday 24th June
- Aberglasney Gardens, Carmarthenshire with tour by Head Gardener.
- Travel back to hotel via Scenic Route & National Park Visitor Centre, Libanus, Brecon Beacons
Thursday 25th June
- Short visit to Taurus Crafts, Lydney (am)
- Wyndcliffe Court, Nr Chepstow for lunch and guided tour.
- Leave Wales for homeward journey.