Welcome to the Somerset Group of the Hardy Plant Society.
The Hardy Plant Society, formed in 1957 by the late Alan Bloom, has an active membership in both the UK and overseas.
The HPS Somerset Group
Has an active and varied programme, of interest to all gardeners. We are friendly and genuinely welcoming to new HPS members and would love to see you at one of our meetings. We produce two newsletters per year in January and June, and have a programme of meetings and events throughout the year.
You can read more About Us and then browse the site. Our News page contains announcements, articles and updates. You can join the group, and/or join the mailing list to receive updates. You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook for the same news updates.
HPS Early Spring Plant Fair 2021
More information coming soon.
National Hardy Plant Society
- Its aim is to expand the knowledge of hardy plants and how to get the best from them.
- Society members are entitled to join Regional Groups offering programme activities at local level and to Specialist Groups with an interest in particular plant types.
- A Correspondents Group caters for those who are unable to attend meetings and events.
- A well-produced National Journal is issued in Spring and Autumn, with informed articles written by experienced plantspeople.
- National Newsletters are also issued during the year.
- Members benefit from a valuable seed distribution scheme.
- For more detailed information please see the National Society website – www.hardy-plant.org.uk
Somerset Federation of Gardening Clubs
The Somerset Group of the Hardy Plant Society is a member of the Somerset Federation of Gardening Clubs, take a look at their extensive member list which provide other opportunities to enjoy gardening activities where you live in the county.