This advice was acquired at RHS Rosemoor during a soft fruit pruning workshop:
- Scissor-style secateurs, rather than anvil, are preferred.
- Felco, although relatively expensive, is the preferred manufacturer.
- The blade should be sharpened regularly with an Istor sharpener: just a few gentle strokes are all that’s needed to keep the blade razor sharp. A sharp pair of secateurs should be able to cut a piece of paper cleanly.
- Always spray the blade with a disinfectant before use to prevent accidentally transferring diseases etc. from one plant to another.
- Adventures with a Compost Tumbler
- Dahlias – Storing and Propagating
- Gladiolus cardinalis
- Have you thought about a “Hydroprop”?
- Propagating coronilla
- Pruning Basics
- Root Cuttings