The Professional Horticulture Group (South West) invites you to ‘Gardens of the National Trust’ on September 25th.
A study day involving:
- A conducted tour of Barrington Court gardens by the Horticulture Team
- A buffet lunch in Barrington Village Hall
- A talk by NT Gardens Adviser Ian Wright “Gardens: our living works of art opportunities & challenges in caring for the National Trust portfolio
of diverse gardens and cultivated plants”
- 10.30. Assemble in the car park at Barrington Court, Ilminster, TA19 0NQ for registration and coffee
- 11.00. Welcome by the Horticulture Team, followed by tours of the Walled Garden and the famous ornamental gardens.
- 12.30. Assemble at Barrington Village Hall, TA19 0JE, for a buffet/
- 13.30. Introduction by the PHG Chairman, Professor Geoff Dixon, to the afternoon session and welcome to our speaker:
- IAN WRIGHT AHRHS FCIHort, Conservation Manager and Lead Adviser for the National Trust, SW
- “Gardens: our living works of art — Opportunities and Challenges in caring for the National Trust’s portfolio of gardens and cultivated plants”. Afterwards there will be ample time for discussion.
- 4.00 Conclusion and tea
The Professional Horticulture Group (South West) had its origins in the Institute of Horticulture, where senior Founder members and Fellows based in the south west formed their own group.
The Group includes a variety of professional horticultural practitioners who are keen to visit centres of horticultural excellence, and to share and cascade their knowledge and skills.
On this occasion they wish to invite keen and experienced gardeners to join them for this special event.
Use the form below to notify the PHG of your interest. Upon acceptance, instructions and the £20 fee are described below.
PLACES ARE LIMITED FOR THIS SPECIAL EVENT.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED AND THEN ASKED TO PAY THE FEE OF £20.00, PAYABLE TO Trevor Gibson.
IAN TRIBE, POPLESWELL HOUSE, POPLESWELL, CREWKERNE, TA18 7ES. 01460 271440, email@example.com