43rd Cerne Abbas Open Gardens (via Jane Hunt)
25 Private Gardens Open June 16th and 17th, from 2-6pm
- Day ticket to all gardens £7.00
- Ticket for 2 days £10.00
- Accompanied children free
Teas in St Mary’s Church from 1:30 pm Plant Stall from 1 pm
Free Car Park (DT2 7GD) open from 11 am
Proceeds divided equally between: Cerne Valley Scout Group & Dorset County Hospital Cancer Appeal
Isle Abbotts Gardens
Historic village dating from Saxon times, located on edge of Somerset Levels with many thatched stone cottages. C13 Grade I listed church is described as ‘The Jewel in the Crown of Somerset Churches’. Open church tower. 3 well-established unique gardens with many exquisite herbaceous borders.
- Greggs: ⅓-acre garden of many parts, shrubs, borders and vegetable beds joined by winding paths.
- Monks Orchard: ¾-acre garden developed over 14 yrs. Many large mixed borders with lots of unusual plants. Stunning views. Plants for sale propagated from garden. (Home of our member Maureen Bradshaw)
- Monks Thatch: Front garden is a charming Elizabethan style topiary herb garden with water features and gazebo. At the rear is a seductive, private exotic paradise water garden with boardwalk, bridge, spiral courtyard and tropical planting.
Visit the church tower and take a train tide too.
Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June, full details on the NGS website here.